Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Long Over Due

A few times, I've mentioned my love for Barnes and Noble. Well, I say love when I really mean obsession but you get my point. It is one of my favorite places to go. But its also dangerous because then I add several more books to my never-ending reading list. I swear if I actually wrote it all down, I think I'd have over a hundred books.

Since I got out of class early this week, and I had some time to kill before I met up with my best friends, I decided to drive head on over there. It was long over due. I think the last time I went there was at least three months ago. Considering I used to go there every couple of weeks that was quite a long time for me.

Usually my friend, Courtney and I go there together because she is a huge bookworm too. When we hang out we end up there at some point. Its like we can avoid it even if we tired, though honestly we don't try at all. Barnes and Noble is right up there with the library in my book. Anyway, back to my story. This time I went by myself and I found about twelve more books to add to my list. A few I had already known about but I didn't know they were out yet. What's even better is when I find that an author that I love has come out with a new book. It always gets me excited to read it. I always get a good feeling walking through those doors and seeing all the new books on the shelves. 

Here are a few of the books I found:

                       
Dangerous Lies was an exceptionally good find because I didn't even know she had a new book out. All the books I've read by Becca Fitzpatrick have been super good! She wrote the Hush, Hush saga, Black Ice, and that's just the more recent and more popular books. This one is about a girl who is the star witness in the murder trial of a big drug dealer and she is in the Witness Protection Program. She has to stay under the radar but trouble seems to have a way of finding her. It definably had chills running up and now my back when I read the summary of it. Also I know after reading her other books, that she is sure to deliver a fantastic novel.

The White Rose is the sequels to The Jewel. I loved the first book. For anyone who has read The Selection series by Kiera Cass then you would defiantly like this series. Its about a society in which girls are bought by the wealthy women that live in the Jewel, which is like their capital, to bear children for them. Its a great book about not being in control of your our body and the cruelty the owners show their surrogates. I have no doubt that the sequel will be just or maybe even better than the first book.

Survive The Night is about an all night underground rave in the tunnels of New York. It's one hell of a party until Casey, main character, finds a murdered girl in the tunnels. Then she and her friends, desperate for help search for a way out. But will they find help before they are hunted down by who or what killed the girl? Who knows, but I for one am excited to read this one. Hopefully it won't lead to any nightmares. :)

Here's to my new finds and hopefully I'll get to them before too long. I hope I'll find the time to visit Barnes and Noble again soon and get even more books to stock up on the cold days ahead.

Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment