Wednesday, October 28, 2015

No Time

Obviously, I love to read as this blog is focused around books and reading. I've always loved to read ever since I can remember. I think my mom instilled that in me. She is a big reader too. She has always encouraged my brothers and I to read. I remember every summer when she would take us to the library to sign up for the reading program. It was always a blast. I loved seeing how far I would come to get the prizes. Reading was a big part of my childhood and it still is today.

I'm the girl to always have a book with me. Wherever I go there is usually a book in my bag. Sometimes even two or more depending on how close I am to finishing the book I'm on. I bought a hipster bag from Vera Bradley online this past summer. It was a print that I've been wanting forever. I debated getting the bag because it looked fairly small. I wasn't sure if my wallet and a book would fit. Plus all the other random things that find their way into my bag. In the end though, I did end up buying it and I was a little worried that my books wouldn't fit. But when the bag arrived I saw that it was actually a lot bigger than I thought. Although, I soon realized that it was awfully heavy when everything was in there and the thicker books took a lot of shoving to make them fit. I carry a book with me pretty much wherever I go because you never know when there will come a time to read.

Now, though it had become increasingly difficult for me to find any time to read. Between work, school, friends, and trying to get any sleep I've hardly read anything at all. I think I've been carrying around the same book for at least four weeks and I'm only on page 68. When I usually can finish a book in about a week, maybe two if I'm busy, that's pretty bad. The really crappy thing about it is that its a book I've been dying to read. When by some miracle I actually have time where I could read, I just can't find the energy to pick up my book. This is the reading slump. Its that period of time when the thought of picking up a book makes you even more tired than you were before. For an avid reader like myself it is horrible. I hate the feeling of it too. Its like I want to read and I have all these books from the library that are just sitting on my shelf, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I wish there was more hours in the day to all that I want and need to do. But hopefully sometime soon I'll get out of this reading slump and back to the stories I love so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment